SST offers an opportunity to explore a world of knowledge to its staff & students by making accessible a rich collection of print and non-print, primary and secondary material in various disciplines. The College Library supports the academic needs of thousands of students and teachers and has an extensive range of Books, periodicals, magazines on various subjects & non book material like CD's, Videos, Theses available for reference. Orientation is given to the students at entry point about the usage of the library, Rules and regulations and the services provided to them. This helps the students to know about library collection, how they can make use of & to know rules and procedures of library.
- Total Books: 20342
- Total Magazines:38
BASIC RESOURCE COLLECTION
The books, Journals and magazines of our library are used by staff and students. The library has a collection of 20342 books as on 31ST March 2016.
It being an academic library; the users are mainly students, teaching and non-teaching staff members. About 3 to 5 percent students from Degree College borrow books regularly and about 75% students make use of the reference section. News Papers in 3 languages, Magazines and Journals are referred by students and staff frequently. Students take the benefit of University and Board question papers of past three to five years.
Book- Bank Facility:
Book bank facility is available to degree students at the SST College library. Every year, library purchases books as per the requirement under this scheme. These are mainly text-books and they are issued to students for entire academic year. A maximum of three books are provided to the student under this scheme. A deposit of Rs. 40 is collected from beneficiary student and the same is returned at the end of the year.
The Library Reading Room is open for the use of all Staff and Students of the College on all working days and stocks periodicals and newspapers.
- Every student must possess his/her Library card while making use of the Library and produce the same to the Library Staff on entering the Library.
- Complete Silence must be maintained in the Library. Any student who is found causing any sort of disturbance (talking, discussing etc.) in the Library is liable to be debarred from the Library facilities by the Librarian.
- Students who desire to borrow books for home reading will have to apply for a membership on the prescribed form. They will have to pay deposit of Rs. 300/- (Subject to revision). A Reader's Ticket will be given to such students against the receipt of deposit. At a time, one Book will be issued against one Reader's Ticket for 5 days only and on the days specified for each stream/faculty from time to time.
- Students can get any book i.e. Textbooks, reference books, Reference Sources for reading in the Reading Room against his/her Library Card. If such book is taken outside without the permission of the Librarian then a fine of Rs. 50/- will be charged and no book will be issued to him/her in future.
- Books for overnight reading will be issued only after 3.00 p.m. and the same must be returned before 9.30 a.m. next day. A fine of Rs. 3/- per book will be charged, if overnight books are not returned before 9.30 a.m.
- Students can borrow novels on a separate Card i.e. Novel Card.
- Newspapers and Periodicals are issued against college I-Card for Reading in the Reading Room. Bound volumes of journals will be issued for current reading only.
- When books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the counter. On returning the books, if pages are found missing, the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall accordingly be fined.
- Students are required to handle books and reading material very carefully. Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case, the last reader will be held responsible unless he shows the Librarian at the time of issue that the book had been previously marked or damaged. In the event of damage of any kind, the last reader will be liable to compensate for damage. Books will have to be replaced and an addition cost of Rs. 10/- will have to be paid as processing charges.
- It is observed that some of the students do not return the Library Books on or before the due date stamped on the date slip in the book, thus depriving other students using the Library facilities. In order to prevent such students from keeping Library books with them for longer than normal, the fine charged will be Rs. 3/- per day.
- In case a Reader loses a book he/she should replace the book. In case the book cannot be replaced, double price of the book and an additional charge of Rs. 10/- as processing charges will have to be paid.
- Membership card is non-transferable. Students must not lend their Readers Ticket to any other student to borrow books from the Library. Library facilities will be suspended for students misusing cards.
- The college Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate will be issued to student only after he/she has returned all the Library books.
- Students of XIIth, S.Y. and T.Y. should renew their Reader's Ticket before 31st of July of each Academic Year. If they fail to do so, they will have to pay a fine of Rs. 5/- per day.
- Students of XIth & F.Y. should get their Reader's Ticket issued before 31st August of each Academic Year. Students of M.A., M.Com. & M.Sc. should get their Reader's Ticket issued before 31st October of each Academic Year. No Reader's Ticket will be issued to any student after this date. However, only in special cases or under genuine circumstances the Reader's ticket will be issued to the students after obtaining the Principal's permission, and the Student will have to pay a fine of Rs. 50/-.
- In case a student loses his/her Reader's Ticket then the student should apply for a Duplicate card on the prescribed form available at the Library Counter. Rs. 50/- will be charged as fine for issuing the Duplicate Reader's Ticket.
- Students are strictly prohibited to use their cell phones in the library. If he/she is caught, cell phone will be confiscated for one week or fine of Rs. 500/- or both.
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined variable: albumId
Line Number: 129